From a security skilled’s perspective, this knowledge is troubling and makes us scratch our heads questioning how we are able to start to show this development round. Complying with OSHA requirements helps you retain staff secure and keep away from pricey fines. The annual OSHA Prime 10 listing reminds us that we should proceed to enhance so we are able to make office security higher now and for future generations.
So, ask your self these questions:• Are we doing sufficient coaching and doing it constantly?• Are we inspecting what we count on in our security packages and workers?• Are we offering the right PPE wanted to carry out the duties at hand?• Do we’ve got the assist wanted from the highest down in our organizations?• Are we just too busy to successfully cut back or remove employee accidents?
In my a few years in security I’ve discovered some, or all of those conditions, to be true sooner or later. So, what might be completed to verify we proceed to work in direction of ending all of the violations on the OSHA prime 10 listing and defending each worker on the job?
There are an abundance of assets on the market that will help you accomplish your security wants. Attain out to onsite security trainers, make the most of cloud primarily based security administration software program, and seek the advice of together with your product specialists to verify your workers by no means develop into a statistic within the OSHA Prime 10.
1. Fall Safety – Common Necessities (1926.501): 5,260 violations
2. Hazard Communication (1910.1200): 2,424 violations
3. Respiratory Safety (1910.134): 2,185 violations
4. Ladders (1926.1053): 2,143 violations
5. Scaffolding (1926.451): 2,058 violations
6. Lockout/Tagout (1910.147): 1,977 violations
7. Powered Industrial Vans (1910.178): 1,749 violations
8. Fall Safety – Coaching Necessities (1926.503): 1,556 violations
9. Private and Lifesaving Tools – Eye and Face Safety (1926.102): 1,401 violations
10. Machine Guarding (1910.212): 1,370 violations
This text equipped by Mike Kay, Director of Useful resource Security Providers.
View our different weblog posts associated to Security Tradition.